The Crawford County School for Adult Education is committed to creating an adult school that radically increases the engagement and well-being of students who will graduate able to succeed in life while pursuing community participation.
CCSAE students will experience integrated, concurrent, and contextual instruction. CCSAE offers:
- “Soft skills” necessary to gain and maintain employment in today’s world.
- Personal tutoring in Math, ESL, Writing, and other subjects as requested
- Child care for enrolled students through a partnership with the Meadville YMCA “Child Watch” Program
- Certification in ServSafe, CPR, First Aid, and AED use. Other certifications are in the works.
As we grow, CCSAE plans:
- Several Student- and staff- designed enrichment mini-courses that will further enhance their learning experience and tend to their overall well-being.
- Classes in Family Literacy
- Vocational training in selected career fields. Through partnerships with local businesses and industries as well as local artisans, we will be able to give them on-the-job training and possible opportunity for certification in their chosen career pursuit.
When CCSAE students leave after successfully completing this program, they will have the tools necessary to be successful in life. They will be on a path to their GED and will have the soft skills they will need to be employable in the world today.
As a result of attending the Crawford County School for Adult Education, graduates will go on to be active and contributing members of their community and positive role models for their family.